Pastor Mark Vitalis Hoffman, Biblical Studies Professor at United Lutheran Seminary leads a new series beginning Sundays, March 6. at 9:30 to 10:20 am in the Upper Room.
The parables of Jesus are among the best known memories of his teaching. The parables of Jesus are also among the most controversial aspects of our understanding of his message. After a brief survey of the interpretation of parables, the main focus will be on the study of specific parables of Jesus.
- 6 March: Introduction, “This Is for the Birds!” (Mustard Seed)
- 13 March: “Over My Dead Body” (Good Samaritan) and “The Secret Seed”
- 20 March: “Wanted: Dead and Alive” (lost and found parables of Luke 15)
- 27 March: “If You Can’t Beat’em, Join’em”
- (Unjust Judge) and “The Line Forms at the Rear” (Laborers in the Vineyard)
- 3 April: “Just Don’t Call Me Late for Supper” (Great Supper) and “Misery Loves Company” (Ten Lepers)
As Jesus said, “Let anyone with ears to hear listen” to these fascinating and provocative parables!”