Surviving the Holidays (Saturday, November 11, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m., Upper Room #201) is a helpful, encouraging seminar for people facing the holidays after losing a loved one. The seminar features video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly about:
- Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- How to handle holiday parties and invitations
- How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
- Where to find comfort, strength and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season. There is no cost. For more information or to register, call the church office or email email@example.com. Deadline is November 6.