A Service Project for the Whole Church Community
Due to the tragedies occurring in Ukraine, Lutheran World Relief has an urgent need for Personal Care Kits. People who must flee their homes quickly often do not have time to pack essential items. Personal Care Kits can help refugees maintain personal hygiene while living in exile. The Kits also contribute to a new start for those who can return home.
The St. Matthew Women of the ELCA invite everyone to join in the bold endeavor to supply and create 279 kits to help the war victims of Ukraine. This bold challenge is marked by the 279 years St. Matthew has been a church. You can help in one or more of the following ways.
- Give $10 per kit which covers the cost of the items and to help with shipping. (Financial gifts should be given to St. Matthew Lutheran Church with “Care Kits” in the memo line.)
- Provide items for the Personal Care Kits. You may drop off items in the designated boxes located in the elevator lobby or the church office. All items should be new. If you have access to Amazon, these items can be purchased in bulk.
- Each Personal Care Kit contains:
- *One new bath-size towel (approx. 52”X27”, dark color recommended
- *Two bath-size bars(4-5oz) of soap (must equal 8-9oz.), in its original wrapping
- *One adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging
- *One sturdy, wide-toothed comb
- *One metal nail-clipper
- Attend the all community intergenerational event on Pentecost Sunday, June 5 at 9:30 a.m. when the kits will be assembled. All participants will meet in the Fellowship Hall between services.
THANK YOU! For questions, please call the church office, 717-637-7101. Donations may also be made online.