Surviving the Holidays
Surviving the Holidays is a helpful and encouraging seminar for people facing the holidays after losing a loved one. It will be held on Sat., November 12, from 9:30 am to Noon in Room 201 at St. Matthew Lutheran Church, (30 W. Chestnut St., Hanover) and will feature video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly about:
- Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- How to handle holiday parties and invitations
- How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
- Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
Anyone interested should contact Pastor Faye Snyder at 717-451-0851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline November 7. There is no cost.