Here's how to get started with Mobile Giving:
- The first step is to download the Mobile Application. In your App or Play store, search for Vanco Mobile Faith Engagement.
- Tap the Vanco Mobile app or tap Install.
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the install.
Join an organization
- On the Welcome screen, tap Find your organization.
- On the Search Organizations screen, enter “St. Matthew Lutheran Church” and tap our church from the list.
- You have two options to join:
- If someone at St. Matthew has invited you to join St. Matthew Mobile Giving, Vanco Mobile will send you a text message or an email inviting you to join. The invite includes a link to launch and install Vanco Mobile from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, depending on the type of phone you have. Getting started is just a matter of tapping the invite link and following the screen prompts, you’ll be up and running in no time.
- If you have an invite code, tap Enter Church Invite Code, enter the code, and then tap Join Organization. On the Login screen, tap Sign Up, fill in your credentials and then tap Sign Up. If you have a St. Matthew Online account, use those credentials to log in to Vanco Mobile. Instead of tapping Sign up, tap Log in and enter your email and password. You are taken to the Groups & Chat screen of your organization.
- If you do not have an invite code, tap Request to join. On the Login screen, tap Sign Up, fill in your credentials (see Note below) and then tap Sign Up. This sends a message to your administrator. When the administrator accepts your request, you are sent an email and upon opening the app, you are taken to the Groups & Chat screen of your organization.
This should get you started with Mobile Giving. For further information regarding the mobile application, click here for the Mobile User Guide.
Here's how to get started with Text Giving:
- First-time users begin by sending a text message to the St. Matthew unique 10-digit number (8446290490). Once the message goes through, you will receive a link to Vanco’s registration page.
- At the registration page, you will be asked to fill in details (i.e., contact information and credit card number) and click “process” to finalize the submission.
- Upon registration, you will receive an automated confirmation message (via text and email) from the Vanco team with each contribution. You can now text the amount you wish to give and send it via message.
- To see the St. Matthew Funds to which you can donate, first type and send the word "Fund". You will receive a list of the available funds to which you can donate.
- Enter the dollar amount you wish to contribute ($xx.xx) followed by a space and the name of the fund to which you wish to give, in exactly the format you saw in the funds list on the previous screen (e.g.ParishMinistries).
- If you wish to contribute to several different funds, you need to repeat this process for each fund to which you wish to give.
- You may make recurring donations by typing “repeat” in the text box. Additionally, each church donation comes with an emailed receipt for easy documentation.
Text-to-give encourages church members to give freely and conveniently, without incurring special fees. The mobile phone serves as a reliable point of communication between members and the church – with all donations charged through the payment method provided in the registration process.
This should get you started with Mobile Giving. For further information regarding the mobile application, click here for a more detailed Text Quick Guide.